Dream in a Private Bubble.

Onde o seu sonho é sempre mais que uma ficção!



Hoje a estória é baseada na música "You belong with me" da Taylor Swift. 
É um pouco daquele caso da "pessoa certa estando em baixo de seu nariz". 
Apreciem. Beijo, beijo. 
O link vai abaixo. 

Link para ouvir a música: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw


You Belong With Me


Kimberly’s head lifted from her book when she heard the sound of tires against the concrete. She hurried up to the window and saw him getting out of the car. He didn’t lift his head or his eyes but went straight to the back of her house.

She already knew from his expression and attitude that he had had a fight with his girlfriend. Again. She shook her head to herself and sighed, then looked down at herself to make sure she was decent. She didn’t even try to arrange her curly and furious red hair but left the room next.

The house was still quiet. The sunset was still one hour away and her parents only arrived by that time. When she got to the first floor, the only sound remaining was the gentle sway of the swing on the backyard.

That was their routine. Kimberly found him sitting by the old swing at the same side as always, leaving the spot beside for her.

Andrew only turned his head when she sat close to him and tried a smile. “Hey, beauty.”

She leaned and kissed his cheek, taking in the smell of him she loved. “You left the bookstore early.”

He shrugged. “Janice noticed ‘I wasn’t really myself today’, her words. I was going home, but… You seem to be the only person I can talk to. So here I am. One more time.” He added with a bitter smile. “How do you stand me?”

“I wanted to get rid of you, but you keep coming back.”

He grinned truly. “You’re too softhearted for that, Kim.”

“Maybe I am.” She sighed heavily like it was a burden and he chuckled. “What happened?”

“Ashley happened. But I don’t want to talk about it now.”

Kim arched a brow. “No?”

“Not this time, no. I came here to know if you wanna get crazy with me.” He smiled lazily.

“I don’t ‘go crazy’. Ever. You know that.”

“It happens to be one of your of your flaws. But as I knew you’d say that, I already have another proposition. Let’s go up the mountain to watch the sunset. I have a bottle of wine in the car and… Strawberries covered in chocolate.”

“That’s low, Drew.”

“I know.” He winked at her and stood. “Come with me. Consider it my therapy. I won’t fill your ears with complains today.”

“I don’t mind hearing you, you know that. You’re my best friend.”

Unfortunately for her.

“And you are mine.” He grasped her shoulders and pulled her to her feet. “You’re the best that is, Kim. Come with me.”

Damn if those baby blue eyes locked on hers didn’t raise her blood pressure. He knew that she was afraid of heights but that wasn’t the reason she hesitated. They had a routine and Kim was comfortable with that. Doing something else, someplace else, with a bottle of wine involved… God, how was she supposed to suppress her feelings?

Suddenly he groaned and took her hair on his hands. “Why are you always clipping your hair with these… What is this thing? You’re taming it.”

“A band. And that’s exactly the point. Leave it… Don’t do that, Drew…”

“I like your hair. Free. Like this.” He ignored her protests and spread her flame of red hair across her shoulders. “Perfect.”

“Look…”

“And your eyes. You keep hiding them with these.” He took off her glasses and looked the marvelous green. “You don’t need the glasses all the time.”

“What’s with you today?” She put the glasses back on. She hated people seeing her without her glasses on. Especially Drew. They were like a protective cape. “You’ve already drunk from that wine, haven’t you? And gimme my band back.”  

“Nope. You’re not imprisoning your hair again.” He raised his arm above his head and laughed when she jumped trying to reach it.

Kim stopped abruptly noticing how that was ridiculous and lifted her chin. “I’ll just get another.”

“No, you won’t. Let’s go. We’re wasting time.”

“I need to leave a note for my parents.” She said and started running toward the back door, but he put his arms around her waist.

“You smart-ass. I’m coming with you.”

When he started walking with his arms still around her, Kim laughed even though her heart was jumping from their closeness. “We both look stupid like this.”

“I don’t mind. You smell good.” He answered easily, making Kim gasp. “And you won’t get another band, beauty. I’m not letting you go. So just hurry up.”

That was so not going to work well; Kimberly thought when they continued walking through the house clutched together. Her hand trembled when she took the pen but she forced herself to take a deep breath.

Out with Drew.
Love you both.

She just had time to clip the note on the fridge before Drew lifted her from the ground and threw her across his shoulder.

Kim didn’t scream ‘cause she knew it was equally ridiculous. “Andrew Minefield. You’re completely out of your mind.”

He laughed as he walked to his car. “Kimberly Laurence. You’ve seen nothing yet.”


***

High up the mountain, they were sitting on a blanket above the grass. The car was parked behind them and the sun was beginning to set, changing the sky’s color.

Drew took the last strawberry from the box. “Ok. Let’s split the last one.”

Kim wasn’t sure that was a good idea.

She shook her head and drank from her glass. “No, that’s fine.”

“Come on, Kim. Don’t be such a prude.”

“I’m not!”

“Then come here.”

She sighed and drank the rest of the wine. He held the strawberry in front of her face. Kim leaned and closed her mouth around the fruit. Then almost giving her a heart attack, Drew also leaned and bit, their lips close to touching.

Kim was too shocked to move and too stunned to even gasp. She almost choked with the fruit but managed to swallow it. Drew seemed stable enough apart from his eyes that were concentrated on her.

She cleared her throat and looked away. That was just the wine speaking. He had drunk his share. Nothing more than that. Kim waited impatiently until the sun had completely disappeared and rapidly stood.

“I guess we can go now.”

He hesitated and then also stood. “If you want to.”


***

When he stopped the car in front of her house, the lights inside were already on. They hadn’t talked much after the strawberry episode and Kim was feeling a bit insecure.

“Do you want to come in and have dinner with us?” She invited.

Drew smiled. “Concerned about me?”

“You know I don’t like you all by yourself in the apartment.”

“Not every one can have great parents like yours, Kim.” He answered simply but turned off the car. “Yes, I want to go in. Am I stupid to brush your mother’s food off? No way.”

Andrew had left his parent’s home as soon as he had finished high school. They hadn’t been abusive or anything like that, but there were some people just no fitted to be parents. He had rented a small apartment in town and had continued working in the bookstore he worked ‘till that day.

Drew and Kim had been friends since forever it seemed. They lived in a small town in Colorado and had studied together since kindergarten. He had been popular in high school and she had been normal. Andrew had started dating Ashley on the third year and they had been on and off since.

Ashley had been the typical popular teenager: cheerleader, beautiful and shallow. Kim still didn’t get it how Drew dated her but they had been together for years. There must’ve been something good in her. But Kimberly knew Ashley brought too many headaches to Drew’s life and she could hate her for that alone.

Drew deserved so much better. He was the most funny, gentle and kind guy she knew. That was why he had so many friends and why she absolutely couldn’t get how could anyone not notice how amazing he was. Like his parents or Ashley. That was also the little issue: she had been in love with him for as long as they had been friends. Forever.

She had wanted to get into Law School since she had been a kid and her dream had always been Yale. But when the time had come to apply for college, Kim had decided to attend one of the universities in the state. And even though she hadn’t told anyone, she knew her parents were aware her decision had been because she hadn’t wanted to get away from him.

Kim had always been the friend, the confident, the ‘girl always there’. She supposed it could’ve been worse. They could’ve not been close at all. And besides, she knew Drew counted on her opinion more than anyone else’s. She had a big place in his heart and had been learning to be content with that.

“Mom, we’re here!” Kim announced as they entered.

They were immediately involved by the smell of food cooking in the kitchen and she watched Drew clutch his belly and roll his eyes in ecstasy. She laughed aloud and closed the door behind them.

“Oh God. This smell.” Drew moaned as if meeting with angels in paradise. “How can you live here and not weigh three hundred pounds?”

“Great metabolism.” She smiled and watched her mother Rebecca come running.

“Drew. There’s been centuries since you’ve come here last!” The woman grabbed his face and kissed his both cheeks.

“I came to dinner last week, Becky, remember? But it seems centuries truly. You look beautiful. Have you decided already to run away with me?”

“Oh, now.” She grinned and kissed her daughter. “That’s why he has the whole feminine town dying for just one look.”

“Stop charming my lady, Andrew.” Her father Marcus screamed from the living room. “Or there’ll be no pie for you later.”

Drew looked at Becky with puppy eyes. “Pie?”

“Apple pie.”

He shook his head and stared at Kim helplessly. “Convince your mom to adopt me, please.”  

Kim smiled and circled her arm around his. “We’ll be upstairs, mama.”

Her father screamed again. “No making out!”

Kim blushed. “Dad, this isn’t funny.”

“Of course it isn’t.”

Rebecca laughed like life was a joke. “Oh, Marcus, please! They’re just friends. How many times does Kim have to say this?”

The woman winked at them as if they shared a secret and went whistling back to the kitchen. Drew was hiding a smile and Kim just shook her head, leading him up the stairs.

He lay down on the bed as soon as they entered her bedroom. “Your parents still think we’re planning to elope together. Do they do this with your boyfriends?”

Because she was still embarrassed, Kim got busy arranging her books on her bookshelf. “I don’t date a lot and you know it.”

“Yes. You never really told me why.” He stared at her intently. “Actually, I can reckon you dating seriously just two guys.”

“And you hated both of them.”

“They were dickheads.” Drew answered smoothly. “Have you had sex with them?”

The books she was arranging in a shelf dropped at her feet and she moaned in pain. Kim went stumbling to the bed and sat down. Her pinky was red. Always the pinky.

Drew didn’t seem affected. “Have you?”

“For God’s sake, Andrew! That’s definitely something with you today.” 

“It occurs to me that you never told me this. I don’t even know if my best friend is a virgin. That’s absurd.”

“Do I ask you about your sex life with Ashley?”

“I’ll tell you if you want to know.” He shrugged and she cursed. “I told you when I lost my virginity.”

“Andrew, just drop it. I’m not in the mood for this.”

“It’s a simple question.”

“Even simpler would be hitting your head with a book.”

“You’re evading the issue. I can only think two things about this: or you’re still a virgin at twenty-one or you’re a horny girl and doesn’t want me knowing about it.” 

Kim launched herself at him. “Just get out! Now!”

Drew laughed hard and grabbed her arms. “I’m joking. Calm down.”

She cursed again and closed her eyes. “I’m hating you immensely this moment.”

“That’s fine. I still love you enough for the both of us.”

Her insides liquefied like jelly. Kim moaned and turned her back on him. “I hate when you make me adore you when I’m hating you.”

“I love making you embarrassed.” He turned her toward him again. “Hey, beauty. Look at me. Serious question now. I really don’t know if you’re still a…”

“I’m not a virgin, okay! Happy now?”

He was quiet for a long time. “You’re not?”

She finally opened her eyes and faced a serious Drew. “You were hoping for a negative answer.”

“Of course I was! Who the fuck did you sleep with?”

Kim arched a brow. “With the two boyfriends you mentioned two minutes ago.”

“What were you thinking, Kimberly? Why didn’t you tell me? How come you slept with them? Have you no shame? They weren’t for you!”

“Andrew, speak lower! And let’s change the subject. I don’t want you going all big brother on me.”

“I am not!” He screamed even louder and then took a deep breath. “Kim, they were dickheads.”

“They were nice. You were the one who was always rude.”

“How was I supposed to act?” He sit and pointed a finger at her. “You shouldn’t have done that!”

“Oh, God. Enough. Do you want to fight about it now?”

“Yes!”

Kim groaned and put a pillow over her head. “Give me a break, Drew.”

He lay down again and stared at ceiling. “I just don’t understand why you didn’t tell me.”

“It wasn’t important. And that’s not a subject I’m comfortable with.”

He wanted to pressure. He wanted to insist until he knew the exact day, month and year it had happened. But he didn’t.

“Okay, that’s fine. I’m sorry. I’m overreacting, aren’t I?”

She pushed the pillow away and looked at him. “Yes, but I forgive you.”

Drew reached out and touched her cheek. “I just think you deserve better.”

“You too.”

He smiled. “You hate Ashley, don’t you.”

“I don’t know why you stay with her.”

“We’ve been together for a long time. I just… I’m used to her.”

“That’s a terrible excuse for staying with someone.”

“Maybe. The thing is, Kim, sometimes when you try to change something, you end up screwing it big time. Ash is not perfect but we have good moments.”

“You forgot something. If you don’t risk it, you’ll have to accept the good. Don’t you think you deserve the best?”

Drew took a lock of her hair around his finger. “What’s the best, Kim?”

“I guess… You’ll have to figure it out by yourself.”

His finger touched her forehead, her nose, her lips… “Ash is terribly jealous of you, you know? She says I love you more than I love her.” Kim blinked fast. “She’s right.”

“Kids! Dinner time!” Rebecca knocked on the door.


***

Kimberly entered the building like a volcano and went straight to the elevator. She had left the class early after receiving a call from Drew. He had been babbling on the phone and she hadn’t understood a word, but knew something had happened.

She pressed the button for the third floor four times and cursed when the damn thing moved like a turtle.

“Come on, come on, come on…”

She jumped outside as soon as the doors opened and knocked furiously on the door. Rang the bell three times and finally she heard a noise from inside.

When the door opened, it was not Drew who appeared.

Ashley smiled bitterly. “Good afternoon, Kimberly.”

“Where is he?”

She went inside without waiting for an answer and found Drew sitting by the computer desk, his hair a mess and his eyes red.

“Drew.” She took his face in her hands and he stared at her blindly. “What’s it, baby? What happened?”

“I found him like this. He didn’t want to tell me.” Ashley said abruptly, eyeing the two of them angrily.

“Kim?”

“Yes, yes. What’s the problem? Are you feeling bad? Is that it?”

He shook his head. “They liked it…”

“Who?”

“Can you stop holding him like a child? I am his girlfriend!” Ashley complained.

Kim ignored her. “Tell me, honey. What’s it?”

“My book. My book, Kim. They will publish it.”

“What?!”

“And why you had to wait until she got here to finally open your mouth? Why didn’t you tell me?” Ashley started again.

“Just shut up!” Kim eyed her. “Can’t you stop thinking about anyone but yourself? It caught him by surprise!”

“No, that’s right.” Drew frowned. “I must be looking like a maniac. I was just… Whoa, you know.”

“I know.” Kim said and then she smiled. “I can’t believe it! Congratulations!”

He grinned and brought her close for a hug.

“Oh, that’s just dandy. Do you two want to be alone?” Ashley groaned.

“Yes.”

Both women stared at him. Ash almost gagged. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me. You didn’t even have the decency to pretend to be happy for me, so just go, Ashley. I’ll not be missing you, that’s for sure.”

“Oh, but how dare you!”

“Years late, but yes, I dare. Goodbye. Merry Christmas.”

Ashley closed the door behind her with such anger the floor trembled. Like nothing had happened, Drew put his arms around Kim again.

“I’m shaking. Don’t ever tell anyone that or I’ll hunt you down.”

“You’re entitled to it.” Kim assured and laughed hysterically. “I told you! Didn’t I now? I told you this would happen!”

“You did.”

“Oh my God. We have to tell everyone! Let’s run across the street yelling it!” She suggested jumping but then hugged him again. “Oh my God! I think I’m gonna cry. I never cry. Drew, that’s marvelous. That’s… Drew, I knew you’d make it. You are such a good writer! And when you sell a million books and get rich, don’t forget me!”

“I don’t know about a million books, but I won’t forget you. You’re the reason that this is happening. You were the one who pulled my ear until I had sent the copy. You did it.”

“Okay, fine. I’m pretty great too. Let’s celebrate!”

He grinned. “Yes, let’s.”

Drew closed his hand around her neck and sealed their lips. Kim stopped moving altogether and just felt. Those lips… God. He took her hips and brought her closer, deepening the kiss. One of his hands went to her head and pulled the hair, lifting her mouth for more access.

“Drew. Wait a minute…”

He started pushing her toward the couch. “No. I’ve waited for years, Kim. I want you now.”  

“But…”

He lay above her and took her mouth again. “Shh. You talk too much sometimes.”

“What do you mean by that? How come you were the one who waited...”

“We’ll talk later, Kim. Now shut up.”

“Fine!”

She circled his hips with her legs and took them both to the ground.

**

Later, they lay breathless above the carpet. Kim she still had her bra on but couldn’t find the energy to mind it. She stared at ceiling helplessly, and then groaning, put her hands on her face. Drew turned his head toward her and grinned.

“What did we do, Drew?”

He touched a finger between her still-covered breasts and undid the clip. The bra opened. “Love, sex, fireworks. Take a pick.” He leaned and closed his mouth around one of them. “I guess ‘fireworks’ is more accurate.”

She arched for a minute enjoying the sensation and then stared at his widely grinning face. “We got excited by the situation and… God, we’re friends. Tomorrow when you’re thinking straight, you’ll regret it and then Ashley will come along again and I…”

“You’re the best, Kim. Remember? Even more, you’re my best. I’ve known it for some time but I just didn’t have the courage to do act upon it.” He kissed her mouth and her chin. “Didn’t you get it what we talked about yesterday? About not taking risks embracing the unknown. How was I supposed to feel if I screwed up things with you? Even now I don’t know what I’ll do if this happens. You’re the most important person in my life.”  

Kim could truly feel her heart wanting to spread its wings and fly straight out of her mouth. “Why… Why didn’t you tell me before? I’ve loved you forever.”

“I’m sorry. I’m not very brave, Kim, you know that. I don’t feel like getting out of my comfort zone often.”

“I know nothing of the sort.” She put a finger on his lips. Drew kissed it, making her legs melt. “You’re brave when you let yourself be, baby. What you lacked on your life was support. Support from people that mattered to you, that’s the problem.”

“But I always had you.” Drew sighed and touched his forehead to hers. “I didn’t appreciate it enough. I want to do it now. We’ve lost enough time. Will you give me a chance, Kim?”  

She smiled. “Should I?”

“Yes.” He nodded and didn’t try to keep the desperation out of this voice. “I love you so very much. You’ve always been my best friend and my best everything. I’m sorry I made us wait all this time, I’m sorry I wasn’t brave enough to bet on us, but I ask you to let me do this now. You’ve always been there for me and I want to make up to you. I want to support and cherish you right back. I want to share the profit from a million sold books with you. We belong together, Kim. And think this way; it's perfect, we are fucking good even in bed. Oh, well, in carpet, actually. But we’ll try the bed in a bit.” 

Kimberly laughed hard and put her arms around his neck. “Okay, Andrew Minefield. You convinced me. Guess we’re gonna elope together after all. My daddy will hunt you down.”

Drew grinned, buring his face in the hair he loved. “We’re worth it.”


THE END






2 comentários:

how come nobody comments in your tales? voce sabe quao fucking good vc é? parabens, gabi! cheguei aqui pela fanfic SRLT que vc e a rapha escrevem e nao me arrependo!!! vou ler tudo o que vc escreve, beijos

Samuely... Meu Deus. Hahaha. Você não faz ideia de como eu estou feliz aqui. Caramba, alguém leu meu conto! Hahaha. Tem tanto tempo que eu não entro aqui no blog porque já nem esperava que alguém fosse ler.
As minhas leitoras (de fanfics em português) não leem em inglês, então tinha me conformado em escrever em inglês só para mim mesmo.
Obrigada, muito obrigada pelo carinho! (L)

Postar um comentário

Welcome

Welcome
"Na literatura, o melhor meio de se tornar imortal é morrer." - Victor Hugo

About this blog

"A literatura é uma defesa contra as ofensas da vida." - Cesare Pavese

About Me

Minha foto
Gabs
Carioca, 23 anos. O mundo é minha casa, minha casa é o mundo. Minha bagagem é o sentimento. E eu sinto, ah como sinto, todo o tempo e o tempo todo. Intensamente.
Visualizar meu perfil completo

Minha Estante

Visits

Followers

By Gabriela Araujo. Tecnologia do Blogger.